Gone are the days when Pinterest was considered as only a social networking platform. It has now evolved as a visual search engine and productivity tool where millions of people list their contents and work to rank their contents higher to increase visibility.
Below are a few facts that will prove why Pinterest is the new trend. (used from verified source)
- 300 million Global Monthly Active Users (MAUs) (Pinterest, Global analysis, Q2 2019)
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on the content they saw from brands on Pinterest. (Pinterest internal data, US, Feb 2017)
- Reach 26% of U.S men (comScore, US, March 2019)
- 8M+ Pinners are actively engaging with auto content on Pinterest. (Pinterest Ads Manager, US, Aug 2018)
- These stats suggest that you can tap into the platform’s massive and engaged user base and influence their purchase decisions.
Let’s discuss the steps by which you can use Pinterest for business
- Optimizing your Pinterest profile
- Setting clear and realistic goals for an organized approach
- Developing a powerful content strategy
- Following creative best practices to create pins that stand out
- Publishing at the right time for increased engagement
- Planning ahead to enhance productivity
- Add Pinterest save buttons to your site
- Tracking your performance to see what works
Pinterest can help us bring massive traffic to our websites and posts making them go viral as well. If you have good content and use Pinterest wisely then surely it will give you good results.
Optimizing your Pinterest profile
First of all, we need to optimize the Pinterest profile as per our standards which means what is our page all about or what are we trying to contribute on their platform, what niche does our page belongs to, etc because based upon these things Pinterest will evaluate of the page and then help us to rank even better if our posts match the criteria under that niche.
Setting clear and realistic goals for an organized approach
It’s a good idea to define exactly what your goals are so you can take a more intentional approach and know what success looks like to you. Your goals will be able to guide your content and marketing strategies on any new social channel you’re looking to expand into, as well as your budget and time commitment toward Pinterest for business.
Developing a powerful content strategy
We always need to follow a powerful content strategy which means we should have a proper flow of content and use a proper layout while publishing our content. Good content is the key to results and traffic in the digital marketing world. So ensure to have genuine, formatted, and concrete content which will help the audience to pin more posts thus helping Pinterest to know that our Brand is good for the particular niche we are competing.
Following creative best practices to create pins that stand out
We should ensure to have good creative posts and engaging ones with relevant information which will help to gather audience attention and give them more spend time on our accounts. Creative helps get pinned more as compared to regular ones.
Publishing at the right time for increased engagement
We need to make use of analytics to understand audience activity and accordingly plan our posts which will ensure to have more interaction and results.
Planning ahead to enhance productivity
We can easily plan our postings and schedule them ahead of time making it easily trackable and in pace with our social media pages. This additional feature in business accounts helps to give a more professional feel to our page activity and regular updates make our pages alive in the eyes of Pinterest.
Add Pinterest save buttons to your site
We should make it easier for people to pin our content because even if the content is manageable but we engage in getting more pins from the target audience then our brand is considered as a good one by Pinterest and they increase our visibility by their algorithm.
Tracking your performance to see what works
We can use Pinterest analytics and monitor our performance in real-time. These reports help us to get an idea about which kind of content is going better and which we need to work upon for getting pinned. This will give you an idea of which types of content are resonating with your audience and how you can enhance your efforts.
Get more knowledge bombs: How To Optimize For Google My Business And Its Importance For Small Businesses